Memorial Hall pamphlets in sixteen languages may b… [Read more]
A place of
commemoration and prayer
The Memorial Hall hosts services aimed at increasing awareness about peace and activities commemorating the victims of the atomic bombing.
- Enshrinement of the list of names of atomic bombing victims
- Collecting testimonies and memoirs
- Displays of photographs of the deceased and testimonies by the victims / assistance with writing testimonies
- Collecting testimonial materials of atomic bombing experiences
- Assistance with writing about atomic bombing experiences
- Holding peace memorial services
Collecting and disseminating information and archival materials about the atomic bombing
We gather materials relating to the atomic bombing out of a desire to pass on the experiences of the victims to future generations, heighten awareness about the importance of peace, and deepen international understanding.
Providing medical information about radiation illnesses and engaging in international exchange
We engage in international cooperation and exchange in order to increase awareness about the experiences of the atomic bombings and the preciousness of peace.
This site provides materials about the experiences of bomb victims and information about the effects of radiation.
(Click here to go to the website of the Global Network of the National Peace Memorial Halls for the Atomic Bomb Victims in Hiroshima and Nagasaki)
Hirano-machi 7-8, Nagasaki-shi, Nagasaki 852-8117, Japan
|Open||May to August / 8:30 - 18:30
August 7 - 9 / 8:30 - 20:00
September to April / 8:30 - 17:30
|Closed||December 29 - 31|